Sunday, May 30, 2010

Can a Middle-Aged Dad Find ECSTASY?

by WarrenS

E.C.S.T.A.S.Y. — End Consumption, Save The Air & Sea, Y'all! A support group and discussion forum for those who want to kick the habits of consumption that are damaging the world we live in. I am alone. My wife and daughter are in India, dealing with the recent passing of my father-in-law.  The past two weeks have been hysterical; as the stay-at-home-and-work component of our marital pair, I've been responsible for organizing tickets, organizing passport renewals (thanks to Ed Markey's office for their support!) and emergency visa authorizations.  And, because I have massive amounts of work (including a Very Important Concert), I couldn't go with them. I am, instead, trying to clean and straighten the house, so that when they return in mid-summer there is order instead of uproar.  Which means that I'm currently dealing with a problematic epiphenomenon of 21st-Century American Childhood.  To wit, a serious stuffed toy problem.

continued at Daily Kos....