Monday, July 5, 2010

Waiting for Oil in Apalachee Bay

by matching mole

This diary is really just a report on the state of booming and biodiversity in the northeastern gulf which is still awaiting its first oil (at least on the surface).  No analysis - just a feel for what things are like.  Today I visited the Gulf of Mexico for the first time in a month.  During May I visited virtually every week and each time I left I remember taking a final look and wondering what I would see the next time.  It is now two months since I made the first of those visits and, at least on the surface, the far northeastern reaches of the gulf are much as they were.  However when I made my way down to St. Mark's NWR with the idea of doing some bird censusing I did notice one rather obvious difference.



continued at Daily Kos....