Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tell Discovery Channel to Stop Airing BP's Self-Congratulatory Commercial

by Black Max

Ten minutes ago, I was eased back on the couch, cat snuggled against my leg, watching the Discovery Channel's "Dirty Jobs." I like that show; even though Mike Rowe is shilling for Ford Motor Company, he's a genial guy who seems to have a genuine respect for the worker.

I hadn't seen the BP commercial until now. It froze me in my seat. Watching their corporate whore Keith Seilhan tell us how he has a "personal stake" in the shore cleanup, how BP is taking "full responsibility" for the oil catastrophe and is working "24/7" to "make it right," shocked me into silence. Until it was done; then I leapt up, screaming "You sons of bitches!" sending the cat scrambling for safety and prompting a worried, "Honey, what's wrong?" from my wife. I was almost incoherent for a moment, before I was able to splutter disjointed profanities and, eventually, string together a coherent sentence expressing just how much I wanted to ram Keith Seilhan's head into that broken pipe along with the heads of every other corporate thug on BP's board of directors, until they finally plugged the breach.

Of course, I can't do that. But I can, and have, sent off an e-mail to Discovery demanding (politely, but very firmly) that they yank that ad immediately. You should, too.



continued at Daily Kos....