Thursday, July 8, 2010

Put Solar On It!

by A Siegel

The roof, that is ...

Received a phone call earlier today from my better 95+%

...

Dominion Virginia Power staff were at my home, at that moment, upgrading the meter to be able to handle net metering.  Fingers crossed ... with tomorrow's dawn, my roof will be part of the power generation system covering over 90 percent of my family's electricity usage.   A bit more investment (both in terms of sweat and some $s) in energy efficiency, continuing tightening of our own attention to energy use, and we might be soon covering 100% of our power requirements.

My rooftop has solar hot water and solar pv.

It is unique, on both accounts, in my neighborhood.

Being unique isn't always good ... it isn't good in this case.



continued at Daily Kos....