Thursday, July 29, 2010

An Ecosystem View of Climate Change

by matching mole

This may not be exactly what some people might expect from the title.  I'm not going to include a lot of alarming facts and figures or dire predictions.  Instead I'm going to introduce the basics of ecosystem ecology and show how CO2 accumulation and climate change fit into that picture.  I am a professional biologist with a fairly strong background in ecology.  However I am not an ecosystem ecologist so if any of you are, and catch me in an error please point it out.

This is intended for people without a strong science background.  I'm assuming that most of the more environmentally inclined will find this trivial.  I'm hoping that it will give some of you a broader perspective on the issue.



continued at Daily Kos...