Sunday, June 13, 2010

Oil Spill: It's all about the pressure and how to control it...

by dengre

Greetings.

As some my recall, I have posted here at DKos since 2004—mostly with a singular focus on the Abramoff Scandal and the Culture of Corruption that Jack swam in. Over the years as I followed this research obsession I often thought of my father. I grew up watching his obsessions as he researched and learned everything he could about any subject that caught his eye. I guess what they say is true; the nuts don’t fall far from the tree.

While my great obsession has been Abramoff, my Dad's was and is siphons and the ways that liquids and gases act under pressure. When it comes to the way that pressure impacts the flow of gasses and liquids he is a bit of an unaccredited expert. He is also an inventor and has come up with a possible solution to controlling the flow of oil and gas from the BP Oil Disaster and a prototype to demonstrate his idea.

The key to stopping the spill is to control the pressure and manage the flow of liquids and gases from the damaged well. For that, a new cap is needed.

I’ll let Maurice (my dad) explain it on the jump...



continued at Daily Kos....