Friday, July 23, 2010

Energy HOME + Gardening Friday: Composting with a Cone

by A Siegel

Every day, I strive to Make Energy CENTS from the Home to the Globe.  Whether programming the thermostat to low temperatures overnight to providing comments on national energy policy drafts to opening discussions as to Energy COOL technologies and concepts, my efforts to Energize America to a prosperous, climate friendly future cross a broad spectrum.

Some of these steps are new and others were, well, almost learned in the womb.  One of my earliest family chores was taking out vegetable scraps to the compost pile. That moved into dumping grass clippings onto the pile when cutting the lawn came onto my 'to do' chart. And, well, even into getting praise from adding neighborhood clippings to enrich our soil as I grew into earning a few $s cutting laws.



continued at Daily Kos...