Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mojo' hikin' / A Capitol Reef Photo Journal

by delmardougster

Capitol Reef? What is that? Is it in the south seas somewhere? I thought  you guys were going to take a road trip to go hiking? I know Capitol Reef is not well known but some of the responses I get are downright comical. I guess that is part of the allure - it's far enough of the beaten path that fewer know about it's existence and fewer still make the effort to go. I hope this helps put CRNP on your radar. Tucked away in south central Utah off Highway 24, Capitol Reef National Park is part of an awesome geological feature - a one hundred mile long warped and folded terrain called a Waterpocket Fold. Jutting out of the surrounding landscape, it is visible from miles away. CRNP has miles of trails and countless ravines and mesas to explore. Massive, colorful, and full of life, this is a national park you must make the effort to visit. Get your pack...

continued at Daily Kos....