Saturday, June 19, 2010

Back to the Gulf--with special visitor and poll

by reddhead

   Greetings fellow nature lovers. We really are up shit's oily creek. This is Reddhead here and we just got back from another trip to the Gulf Coast...and it's bad, but of course, you already know that. I'm pissed but I know that we can't depend on Rachel to do all the yelling for us. So, here I'm gonna do some yelling myself.

   I have seen the clips on Rachel's show and in the papers, but it literally brought me to tears standing on Gulf Shores Beach and watching wave after wave roll up with so many pieces of oil sludge that you know are going to wash up on this beach before the present ones can even be scooped up. Knowing that there are fish and turtles and dolphins and whales and coral and crustaceans who must live in and try to survive this shit. That what once was known as being one of the most beautiful beaches in the world is now covered in oil and the water comes with a warning; not sharks, not jellyfish, but chemicals, and we all bear some responsibility.



continued at Daily Kos....