Monday, May 24, 2010

BP - When Chaos Becomes Policy in Place of Solutions

by wbramh

Yesterday, my friend Paul chastised me politely (and with ample logic) for writing gloom and doom articles about BP's little whoops in the Gulf. “Whoops” is my sarcastic term, not Paul’s opinion, for he really does get it.  Our disagreement stems from my belief that while I get it and he gets it and you get it, most folks still don’t get it. Paul, to his credit, is a tireless champion for solutions. Perhaps to my discredit, I just don't see one here. Without first getting it, how can we possibly move on to the solutions that Paul would understandably prefer. Like healthcare and financial reform, without first identifying the core problem, how can you really solve the problem?... Well, you don't, even with a willing, albeit mythical Congress. But while a problem has no solution if the cause is never acknowledged, this particular disaster may be a problem without a solution.

continued at Daily Kos....