Saturday, December 4, 2010

Liveblog: Community Energy and Climate Action Conference

by radical simplicity

[Notes: (1) ALL is paraphrased, I can't type as quickly as people can speak, any errors or inaccuracies are strictly my fault. (2) My keys keep popping off of my keyboard, so there will be more than my usual number of typos. If I have time, I'll try to clean them up later, but please have patience in the mean time.]

These are my real-time notes from the Vermont Community Energy and Climate Action Conference in Fairlee VT.

"A Vision and Plan for Vermont's Energy Future" : Governor-elect Peter Shumlin

We have an extraordinary opportunity. Was in DC last week for "baby governor school." It was an eye-opening experience for a VT boy. There were lots of governors there who balance their budgets by producing coal. In closed door session they asked pres why EPA is so hard on them. We're trying to create jobs make America strong.

Update: added "Schools" session notes



continued at Daily Kos....