Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A bit of perspective on President Obama (well, mine).

by erratic

A lot of people here are really pissed with President Obama right now. I certainly sympathize. He's made a number of decisions as President that don't make sense to me, decisions that I wouldn't have expected him to make. And he's failed to do things that I thought he would, or in the way I thought he would. I'm upset about Guantanamo, about his choices for the Fed, about his failure to play hardball with the republicans.

But from my perspective, I still have full respect for President Obama. I honestly still love just writing that. I respect his intelligence and experience, his tactical awareness, his decision-making skills. I believe he's doing the best he can, that he's committed to so doing, and there's still no one I'd rather have for president. But this isn't a diary about praise, it's a dairy about perspective.

And the perspective that I remember best is on election night, sitting at a crowded bar, waiting for the Pennsylvania returns...



continued at Daily Kos....