Monday, November 29, 2010

DAILYCANCUN #1: What if They Threw a Climate Conference & Nobody Cared?

by todbrilliant

It's an exciting day for the global band of climate legislation watchers. We're few in number, and our quarry is rarer than an Ivory-billed woodpecker, but we press on through the thickets and brambles in the hopes that we get to witness, once in our lifetime, meaningful and binding climate legislation. Hats off to Boatsie aka Deborah Phelan for making her way all the way to Cancun for a premier viewing angle.

After going to Copenhagen last year and experiencing the lows and lows of being in the midst of an ill-organized clusterfuck, I realized that I'd been swept up in the ferver. That is, I thought EVERYONE knew about Copenhagen. When I got home and talked to friends in 'progressive' Sonoma County, I realized the only footage relayed of Denmark was of some minor rioting I'd witnessed. Alas. Alack. So this year I decided to proactively assess how many of my local citizens are tuned in to the great and heroic mission that our man in Cancun, Todd Stern (huzzah!), is leading up. And so...

A Man, A PhoneCam & An Hour Productions Presents: What if They Threw a Climate Conference and Nobody Cared?



continued at Daily Kos....