Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Coldest winter I ever spent"

by LaughingPlanet

Do you really need to be told about the famous quote falsely attributed to Mark Twain?

The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco

A funny thing happened to me yesterday on my way to the cold, foggy, town in which I grew up:

I nearly melted.

It was the warmest August date ever in San Francisco, which topped out at 98 degrees, smashing the previous high for Aug. 24 by 9 degrees.

This is my hometown. It is never, EVER boiling hot in the summer. It is cold like the chasm where Dick Cheney's heart would have been.

Thanks to {do not say global warming}, things everywhere are changed. It's a change of a weathery pattern of some kind.

All I know is that the most beautiful city I've ever seen was an ugly, fetid, stinky swamp yesterday, and it sucked. Except for all those homers the Giants hit. w00t!



continued at Daily Kos....