Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm a ____ing believer II. So doubt was bad Science?

by LaFeminista

A number of people myself included were called conspiracy theorists [by a very few here] in the MSM, because we claimed that the governments fairytale that the oil had just up and went was just so much bullpucky.

Well it looks like the the governments own agency is wearing my tin foil hat.

Bill Lehr, a senior scientist at the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) departed from an official report from two weeks ago which suggested the majority of the oil had been captured or broken down.

"I would say most of that is still in the environment," Lehr, the lead author of the report, told the house energy and commerce committee.

It really doesn't take that much intelligence to grasp that a million tons of oil mixed with a previously banned dispersant does not just up and evaporate. I'll be generous and call it wishful thinking, but I will say it is no wonder science is taking a hit when plain bad science is applauded because it fits with the need.



continued at Daily Kos....