Friday, July 2, 2010

Scenes from a whale watch

by juliewolf

One of the major highlights of our trip was a large school of Atlantic white-sided dolphins following in the boat's wake.  I've never managed to get decent pictures of them before, so these were a particular treat.To start, a note: all these are thumbnails, pointing to photos over twice their size (just click on them to visit my web site).

Fair warning: I'm not going to include a lot of comments about the trip.  I just want to say that this is something I very much needed and I'm glad we made it, despite the universe's attempts to thwart us (I had to call Newburyport Whale Watch to ask them to wait for us, since we were delayed by traffic and construction).

After the other photos, I've got a couple comments, some personal, some political.



continued at Daily Kos....