Thursday, June 17, 2010

New messaging: Deepwater Horizon changed everything

by neele

The title says it all.  This is our silver bullet, if we can figure out how to use it.

As an alternative to the current food-fight, I'd like to try to offer something constructive.  Here's an idea that I haven't yet seen or heard discussed.  Being overseas, I rely on podcasts for my media fix, so I'm usually half a day behind the flux.  I was listening to last night's Rachel Maddow show on the way home today, and I had an epiphany while listening to her brilliant, but ultimately fruitless, revision of Obama's oval office address.

The thing we need to unite the folks who feel as Rachel and I do, is unified, good, consistent messaging.  I'm not a genius at messaging, but I'm certain we could get a lot of mileage out of one simple, familiar message, repeated ad infinitum: "Deepwater Horizon changed everything."  Follow me after the break if you're willing to be convinced.



continued at Daily Kos....