Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fishgrease: Booming The Bullsh*t

by Fishgrease

Boomers, I didn't want to have to do this. I didn't want to have to spend time and room on Daily Kos's rec list (if you so honor me) debunking pure bullshit. But in recent days, the bullshit has gotten wider and wider circulation. I've had to write a form letter to use in replying to emails asking me about bullshit. First, it was the Matt Simmons' bullshit about the seafloor opening in a huge gash, which is where most of the oil was coming from.... and so we should nuke the well (????).

Most recently, I've had to contend with the dougr bullshit from an otherwise wonderful website, The Oil Drum.

Both, doomsday scenarios (as if we needed those right now). Both, bullshit.

Jump the manure heap with me and I'll explain why this is all bullshit and I'll also issue a challenge to anyone in the Oil and Gas industry, or anyone else, to prove otherwise.



continued at Daily Kos....