Sunday, June 20, 2010

ECSTASY and Music - You Can't Steal A Gift!

by WarrenS

E.C.S.T.A.S.Y.End Consumption, Save The Air & Sea, Y'all!

A support group and discussion forum for those who want to kick the habits of consumption that are damaging the world we live in.

I'm continuing to explore alternative ways of thinking about our economic paradigm, and it's given me a new set of lenses to use when I look at the things I already do.

I'm a musician; it's how I make my living.

Recently a colleague linked to a story in the Boston Globe:

Across New England, church coffeehouses, library cafes, and eateries that pass the hat to pay local musicians or open their doors to casual jam sessions are experiencing a crackdown by performance rights organizations, or PROs, which collect royalties for songwriters.

His FB comment described them as: People trying to get something for nothing and then whining when they are thwarted.



continued at Daily Kos....